Monday, August 06, 2007

Big Cat Rescue

I plan to do a green screen test in HD soon. When I do, I'll talk more about the tour of Big Cat Rescue I took Saturday. It's a sanctuary for big cats retired from roadside acts or people who thought they'd make cool pets only to realize they don't.

The organizaton's web site BigCatRescue.org features bios of the animals it houses. The site also has information about its guided tours. The place is not without controversy, as outlined in a St. Petersburg Times article.

Because it was created to serve as a sanctuary for the cats rather than as a venue to display them, it's not a great place to go if you're primarily interested in taking photographs. I took almost 170 pictures when I went. The fencing gets in the way of most of them.

As you can see for yourself:

No comments: