Monday, September 27, 2010

Signing Off

I got a new job and I don't want to blow it by saying something stupid on my blog. Actually, while that's true, my new employer requested that I shutter the blog. So this will be the last entry for a while — unless I find a different stupid way to become unemployed, which I will studiously attempt to avoid.

As much as I've enjoyed this outlet for my observations, opinions, photographs and even music, blogging has caused more trouble than it's worth. Honesty is not the best policy when writing about your job, or anything else that an employer could misconstrue as bad-mouthing or another bitter expression.

Even if it weren't a condition of employment, it would be wise for me to stop spouting my private thoughts to a public audience. I appreciate the freedom of expression, but it is not free, and the cost right now would be a job that I greatly look forward to doing.

So, goodbye for now. Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

Rabid Squirrel said...

D:. I just found your blog and I love it! Plead with your employer to continue blogging!