Thursday, March 20, 2014

Better Day

This is a song I recorded recently at home. It gives me a chance to test some (caution: web geek jargon ahead) new HTML5 code that will play music and video on websites like this one without Adobe Flash, which won't work on my phone, and apparently many devices, including Apple products. Owning no Apple products, I can't say that last part for sure.

Anyway, here's the tune, on which I sing (you have been warned), play lead and rhythm guitar, and bass on my 25-year-old, 8-note polyphonic synthesizer, add drums using loops, and mix the whole mess together with a free program called Sony Acid Express. (Get your free copy at AcidPlanet.com.)

Let's hope it works, especially after all that preamble.



Update: It works! I got the code from html5media.info, in case you seek an free and easy way to embed MP3 (audio) and MP4 (video) files into web pages and blog posts.

No comments: