Friday, April 10, 2015

Lorikeets Play - Sony Power Zoom Lens Test

One cool thing about my job is that I get to try out cool gear like the Sony FE PZ 28-135mm G OSS lens. Some days I even get paid to go to the zoo and take pictures or photos! The Sony power zoom lens is designed with video in mind, so that's what I shot with it.

While shooting demo footage with the lens on a Sony A7S camera, I caught a couple of interesting exchanges between these colorful birds at Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa called lorikeets. I don't know if this is their version of wrestling, or if it's an attempt at mating. But it's fun to watch?



I did no color grading, correcting or sharpening in post. This is straight from the camera, rendered to an MP4 file. The part before the dissolve used the lens' auto focus. After the transition I manually focused the lens. This shot doesn't feature much of the zoom, but it worked well for me. I'd say more but since I will review the lens for my job, I don't want to steal anyone's thunder! But the result will go up on YouTube, and I'll post it here.

No comments: