Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Big Room Boom

Sit down, start playing along to Big Room Boom, look up and two hours have passed. I tried guitars, keyboards, bass. Some I knew immediately wouldn't fit the song but I happily played along anyway, looping the main track so that I could repeat it over and over. That's why it's called playing music.

I did add a bass track using my synthesizer, which might be hard to hear depending on your sound system. There's also a melody guitar. I might add more to it but I like the background track so much I can listen to it by itself for hours at a time. Don't worry; you don't have to sit through it that long. The song runs only about two-and-a-half minutes.

Big Room Boom (V.5)

In other news, our Jumbo Shrimp oxymoron award of the day goes to our friendly neighborhood IT department at work.

We got a note today at work from IT notifying us (as notes often do) that it was upgrading our e-mail service. Among "the benefits that you will realize are: Improved Performance of Outlook and the Network." Great! Although, come to think of it, I can not remember ever having any problems. Then after the list of instructions we have to follow to activate our updates, the e-mail says, "Once the Outlook service is activated, you may notice small delays in sending and receiving emails. This is normal and expected." (Underline emphasis NOT my addition.)

Our new and improved e-mail service will run more slowly than the old one. Benefits?

No comments: