Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm Lazy

No, I didn't forget to blog. I didn't forget that I even had a blog. I, as the title more than suggests, have simply been too lazy to write.

Good morning from the studios of WFTS-TV, Ch. 28, in Tampa, where as far as I know typing this does not violate the station's computer policy. The station has a Facebook page and numerous Twitter pages, including @tampabaytraffic, which I am charged with updating when I'm here, so I know the station uses social media. I don't know if something as old school as what blogs have become still counts.

I am in the midst of a nine day stretch filling in for the station's morning traffic reporter, Meredyth Censullo, who is honeymooning in the Mediterranean.

(Pause to congratulate myself for correctly spelling Mediteranean.)

My performance has not been flawless but I have not committed any gaffes worthy of YouTube infamy. This, despite rustiness from little on air work since leaving WTSP in April and the crushing fatigue that waking at 3:20 a.m. causes.

That's when I get to sleep even that late. I awoke at 2:22 a.m. today to the sounds of the cat hacking up a fur ball. That's the second time in a week Annie has made sure that even the paltry four to five hours of sleep I get will not come uninterrupted.

(Pause to congratulate myself for correctly spelling uninterrupted.)

(Pause again to consider that I better double check that because I see that Internet Explorer doesn't spell check like Firefox does.)

(Pause one more time to breathe a sigh of relief that I had not congratulated myself incorrectly, thus rendering myself even more of a doofus that I do already for congratulating myself for spelling.)

I'm not going to worry about whether I have spelled doofus correctly.

Where was I? Right. Talking about cat barf. You probably welcomed the digression. I'm glad that it's only hairballs she's coughing up. The little pretty kitty seemed bonier than I remembered when I returned from my recent trip but she has been eating well and keeping the food down. I'll have to work more hairball control food into her diet.

I have made slow progress on the family documentary story I've been editing. Fifteen of 16 chapters are complete. A couple of them are up on personal-documentary.com, including Chapter One, which is on the home page. The other is the first video you see on the "Watch Our Work" page.

Once I finish the last chapter I have to edit the prologue, which is video I shot of the subjects working their vending tables at Clearwater Pier. I shot that video more than a year ago so despite having a list of the shots, I'm going to have to go back and look through the footage again to see what I have.

The story is coming together well but I need to get some more photographs to better illustrate the story and it might need music in some places.

First, I finish work here and go home for a nap.

No comments: