Saturday, March 04, 2006

iTunes for Eyeteeth

It used to be that you mailed in box tops to get prizes. Now you type in codes you read off the boxes and download them. A recent toothpaste purchase left me with three free music downloads from Sony.

Songs I chose:

1. Angel - Sarah McLachlan
2. Ready, Steady, Go - Paul Oakenfold
3. State Farm - Yaz




Angel might be the most beautiful song I've ever heard. May you find some comfort here, indeed. And here's a bit of trivia: Sarah McLachlan and I share the same birthday. We're Aquarius. What that has to do with anything, I don't know, but there you go.




You might not know its name but you've heard this song. It's featured in the Saab ad campaign about how Saab was born from jets. It also played in the movie Collateral as Tom Cruise shot up a bunch of people in a busy nightclub.




Yaz was a two person group in the early 1980s featuring Alison Moyet's androgynous vocals and the synthesizer work of Vince Clarke. A friend of mine gave me a cassette with this song on it and I thought this song had the coolest sound. Total 80s funky new wave.

No comments: