Monday, May 19, 2008

Lowry Park Zoo - Again


I buy more equipment. I take more pictures. And I get worse instead of better. The picture above I took the first time I visited Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo last July, ten months and $2,700 worth of lenses ago.

Sunday the zoo had another $5 admission day. Just like last time everybody and their brother was there. Except my brothers, which is a good thing because they would not have enjoyed the lengthy walk from the parking lot across the street.

I didn't handle all the walking all that well, myself. That means I have something else I have to practice besides shooting before Jim and I venture to the Grand Canyon and other points west next month. That's right: Everybody and my brother will be there.

I don't normally shoot vertical pictures so some of these have been heavily cropped to make them fit into the slide show. Some needed the cropping to disguise the exceedingly poor framing of the originals. Some of these are OK but none comes close to the best of shots I got on my first trip. Perhaps an unusually long streak of beginner's luck has finally run out.

No comments: