Saturday, June 28, 2008

Back Home

Annie lectured me about leaving her for so long, as I knew she would. It was good to see her and judging by the purring once she had finished protesting she was appreciated seeing me. The term "happiness" might be too strong. Annie is a cat, after all, with a reputation of detached indifference to protect.

But when I got home and did not pass go, did not collect $200 and went directly to bed, it wasn't long before she joined me. She has spent much of the time since then in my lap. Ah, the comforts of home.

The flight from Vegas was delayed by about 10 minutes so we took off at about midnight Vegas time with the four-and-a-half hour flight landing at 7:45 a.m. Tampa time.

I should note that the "we" references in posts about the trip refer to my brother Jim and me. John is sometimes fond of writing about himself in the third person but he doesn't use the "royal we" to talk about himself. Jim didn't want me to reveal that he was out of town. He feared that you would break into his fabulous manse and steal all of his stuff.

Sorry about that.

No comments: