Monday, June 23, 2008

Bryce Canyon

I missed the Internet. I don't really miss TV. That's a good thing. Last night for a mere $165 plus tax, we stayed in Bryce Canyon Lodge. Its amenities included location just a three minute walk to the edge of the canyon itself inside Bryce Canyon National Park.


Its amenities, however, did not include Wi-Fi or television. We set a 5:30 a.m. wake-up call so we could catch the sun rise. The best light for photography happens then. It would help if I had a better idea how to use this ideal light. Below are some shots from this morning as and from yesterday. You can see how the light changes throughout the day.



The strange rock formations are called hoodoos. So I've had the lyric from an old Paul Simon song "Love Me Like a Rock" in my head.

Hoodoo? Hoodoo you think you're foolin'?

My brother tried to rescue me from this madness by chiming in with a bit of the George Thoroughgood classic (originally done by Bo Diddley, I know) HooDoo You Love.

No comments: