Sunday, June 29, 2008

Time Zones

No, I'm not lazy; I'm still on Vegas time, that's all. Yeah, that's the ticket to why I didn't get out of bed until almost noon. Even the cat's looking at me like "Aren't you even going to spend part of the day looking out the window like I do?" Annie spent a good portion of the night and this morning on the bed. She'll get back to her normal custom of taking me for granted soon enough. Until then I'll enjoy the cat's dog-like attention.

It was a good trip. I went to places I never planned to go and saw a lot of things I never thought I'd see. Now without a 9-to-5 job to which I have to return Monday I have to get into a routine again.

I do have some video from the trip to edit, mostly shot from inside the Toyota Pious, onto which we put 2,341 miles. Good thing it got about 48 miles-per-gallon since gas prices ranged from $4.07 to $4.49 a gallon. It was great to see it here for $3.94. Never thought I'd say that.

Then again, I never thought I'd sit on the edge of the Grand Canyon, inches away from a thousand-foot plunge off a cliff. I must not be as scared of heights as I thought I was, though the description of the view at times as "breathtaking" isn't figurative. It was hard to breathe.

There's another part of a story for WEDU to shoot before I write that. That was supposed to happen while I was out west but the subject failed to show up. Great. Seems the quarterback for the semi-pro Sarasota Millionaires is as elusive off the field as on. We'll use another player. I'll call the running back. He's also the team's co-owner. His day job is a business that sells fancy rims and other parts for tricking out your car.

And I have to arrange to shoot the rest of a personal documentary project I started last month.

No comments: