Monday, December 15, 2008

The Live Stream

WTSP now streams all of its newscasts online. If you're ever bored between 5-7 a.m. you can, for now, catch me doing the traffic reports.*

We use AOL's Instant Messenger to communicate with the traffic.com's operations center so I'm online between 5-9 a.m. My AIM screen name is TVMcQ.

I usually appear around 5:15, 5:32, 5:45, 6:05, 6:15, 6:32 and 6:45. If the show is running long, some of them will get cut but those are the approximately scheduled times for traffic.

You can go to WTSP's web site www.10connects.com. It also appears in the window below. When there's no newscast, the station streams its weather channel.

Still no word on when the next permanent candidate comes in. My short term temporary job here has now lasted more than four months.

No comments: