Thursday, February 05, 2009

Just Said No

A local Dunkin Donuts franchise sent the station two dozen donuts specially made to reflect the theme of this weekend's Gasparilla Parade in Tampa.

And I passed.

This, even though no Junk Food January has ended and I also successfully completed my related resolution to work out every day last month. That means that on a day when I could indulge in donuts and skip a workout I skipped the donuts and went to the gym.

What's wrong with me?

You know what I think it is? I'm starting to see improved definition in my physique. I'm not totally ripped or anything but unmistakable signs of riptitude have begun to appear. As much as I like donuts (and cake and cookies and ice cream and you get the idea) I don't like them enough to ruin the fitness progress I've made so far in 2009.

No comments: