Friday, February 27, 2009

On Hold

I completed another zootoo story this week that turned out well enough to prompt one of the editors to e-mail me:

Just wanted to email you and say how amazing a job you did on the Diagnostic Cat story. The video and audio as well as delivery was fantastic.

As usual, the story was amazing before I got a hold of it: A cat that with a sniff of your breath can tell if your blood sugar is outside of its normal range and will alert you to the problem.

No, I am not kidding!

The story should appear Monday. I'll post the video and the link to the text article then.

I also spent half of last week finishing another story for zootoo that it says it can't run for a couple of weeks and maybe not for three months.

They had assigned me a story about something at the Humane Society of the Nature Coast. Only after I deliver the completed story do the editors notice that the shelter is one of the contenders in a shelter makeover contest it's sponsoring. To avoid the appearance of favoritism, zootoo decided to hold the story until either the contest ends or this shelter is out of contention.

I hate that it's been delayed, not just because I don't know when I'll get paid. Here's a preview.


No comments: