Monday, January 22, 2007

Search Me

Recent visitors to my blog include people searching for "Concrete things in the parking lot eat my Jetta" and "i need to cuddle"

A lot of people have also stumbled across it while searching for information about Cambridge Who's Who. It's good to see people checking outfits like that out.

A lof of people researching Chris's Plumbing Service in Riverview, FL get to read about my less-than-satisfactory experience with the company. Many also get here from other blogs that cite this one as a lesson to companies who think that disgruntled customers have no recourse against them if they treat a customer poorly.

Chris Hoffman got $282 out of me. And now every single person who types "Chris's Plumbing Service" into Google sees my blog listed higher than Chris's own site. I'm tempted to write to Mr. Hoffman and ask, "Hey Chris. Was it worth it?"

I wanted New Orleans to beat Chicago in the playoffs. Recovering from Katrina and all that. But this isn't a storybook, it's the NFL. But the Colts' comeback in the AFC game proves that sometimes storybook endings happen in real life. After the Patriots went ahead 21-3 I e-mailed a friend that I would have preferred that the Colts win but "the better team usually wins. So does the better quarterback." Maybe that's still true.

During the Colts/Pats game one of those commercials in which the Burger King makes a play in an NFL game aired. BK sacks Matt Hasselbeck and then hands him a serving tray with a burger on it. Cute. Then the fullscreen graphic showing the double and triple whoppers says that cheese costs extra. Not cute. As much as they charge for those things and they're going to nickel and dime you for a lousy slice of cheese? No thanks. Gimme a $1 double cheeseburger from Mickey D's.

I test drove another Mazda Miata Saturday. I'm not going to buy one. Too cramped and too little storage. Oh, and too much money. I might go with a Scion tC. It's made by Toyota, gets decent mileage but has a little bit of pep. I'm going to check out a Corolla first. It's cheap, it works and I'll be able to buy my HD camera with all the extras I want. It must be too early for the mid-life crisis if I'm thinking this sensibly about it.

No comments: