Wednesday, November 30, 2005

So I graduate college. Not by much but I make it. My claims to fame being that I finished in four years without going to summer school and I never cheated.

Before my senior year I landed a job at WCHL-AM in Chapel Hill. So I was a real live professional before I finished school. But at $4.50 an hour I wasn't going to make my living there.

I got my TV break four months after I graduated working for WMDT-TV in Salisbury, Maryland. The first year I worked there the station produced a separate newscast for its bureau in Dover, Delaware. I anchored the sports there and reported for the mother ship.

Click here to see an early story I did for the station in 1989. I still hadn't learned how to use ambient sound, having always used music in stories, but for a first professional effort, it's not bad. BTW, the music came from my own keyboard.

No comments: