Thursday, October 30, 2008

Relief on the Way?

A candidate for the WTSP traffic job may be coming in next week. The morning show executive producer told me when I inquired again this morning about the search for my replacement.

It's not my replacement, really. It's my predecessor's replacement since I was told I was just a fill-in until they found the person they really wanted for the job.

That was almost three months ago now.

The job is not bad. I'm finished by 9 a.m. and have the rest of the day to do other work. But I never sleep enough and I'm always exhausted. So if it's only temporary, I'd rather get it over with sooner than later.

This morning the show devoted a lot of time to the Rays' loss to the Phillies in the deciding game of the World Series. Our anchor interviewed a station reporter in Philadelphia about the game and the guy sounded like he was going to need psychiatric help recovering from the disappointment.

My last traffic update came shortly afterward and I closed by saying, "If you're disappointed by the Rays' loss, I understand. But if the worst thing that happens to you today is a baseball team losing a game, you're having a pretty good day."

No comments: