Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Caffeine Free

For three days now. Despite the 3 a.m. wakeups and even though I bring a Coke Zero in a cooler to the station with me, I try to get through the day without it. Not because of the caffeine, which doesn't adversely affect me but because CBS reported that people who drink more than 16 ounces of cola a day have a much higher risk of kidney disease.

I love my diet cola -- Coke, Pepsi, doesn't matter, it's all good -- but I like my kidneys more. Coffee and tea both taste terrible to me and I've read that meth is bad for your teeth so it's cola or nothing.

I've also been skipping the nap I usually take when I get home from the station. Monday I had to log the tapes from the Southeastern Guide Dogs story for ZooToo TV and yesterday I had to write the story. Today I'll start editing so that should keep me awake.

Next challenge is getting to sleep before 9 p.m. I got to the gym a little earlier yesterday but revising the script after the editor at ZooToo wanted me to add more statistical information to the story and watching the Rays/Red Sox baseball game kept me up later than I wanted.

I thought I had given up on baseball but this team might drag me back into it.

No comments: