Thursday, September 11, 2008

Traffic Lightens

My temporary job at WTSP got easier. While the station decides what to do with its morning traffic reports, it has decided to do fewer of them. I made two appearances in the 5 a.m. hour and three from 6-7 a.m. Fortunately I get paid by the hour and not by my amount of face time.

I still have to wake up at 3 a.m., though. That was tougher than usual today for a couple of reasons. First, Annie, my little pretty kitty, decided at 2:12 a.m. that she wanted to cuddle under the covers. This is unusual this time of year. It usually doesn't happen until it gets cooler. But after announcing her presence by walking on me. She stood near my head purring until I lifted the covers so she could crawl inside. She was still curled up between my chest and my right arm when jazz from WUSF-FM began blaring from the alarm clock 48 minutes later.

I lay there for a minute before rousting the cat and rising from bed.

Second, I missed my nap yesterday. For good reason, though. I finished shooting my story about Southeastern Guide Dogs School for ZooToo TV. I've only spot checked the tapes to verify that the audio for the interviews is good.

Presuming no problems with the rest of the tapes, the story should turn out well. Of the five people I interviewed, only one was not very good and one of them was an absolute home run. I promise I wasn't trying to make the woman cry when she explained how her new guide dog gave her her life back.

Next will be wrestling with getting the video loaded into the computer.

It took a while but I got one of the two tapes I shot for the Academy of the Holy Names volleyball player story loaded. I still haven't figured out what causes the audio and video going to go out of sync. It seems to do different things each time I try to load the video. One time the audio and video slowly drifted out of sync. Another time the video loaded fine but the audio.

I'll worry about that later. Weather permitting, today I have what has become my weekly golf game with my dad.

No comments: