Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Spoke Too Soon

When I mentioned that I had solved the audio/video sync problems with HD video? Nevermind. When I loaded the tape of interviews and practice video from the volleyball player story, the audio not only didn't match, it appeared as if that only the first few minutes of audio recorded and simply played in a loop.

This was the same problem I was getting from Adobe Premiere and it happened using HDV Split too. It recorded correctly on the tape. I know that because I watched the entire thing as it loaded.

It looks like I have to go through the lengthy process of loading about 100 minutes of video a few minutes at a time. This is not good for the camera, which is not designed to serve as a playback deck. I could spend $2,700 for a deck or $1,500 for a hard disk recorder.

But what I'd really like is for my software to work correctly. That would be nice.

No comments: